Every Classroom Matters Episode 190
Language teachers have the daunting task of helping students memorize so many words! How can it be fun? How can you help students learn them faster? Jason Levine uses hip hop in his language education classes. Surprisingly, he teaches teachers (even those, like me, with no rhythm) to use hip hop in their language education classes too.
Essential Questions: Hip Hop Language Education: Using Rap to Teach, Really?
- Why do hip hop and language education work together?
- Can you use hip hop if you’re a language teacher who can’t rap at all?
- How can any teacher facilitate hip hop activities with language?
- How can teachers make the repetitive practice of language EXCITING?
- What are the 3 R’s of Language Learning?
Educator Resources from this Episode
The post Hip Hop Language Education: Using Rap to Teach, Really? appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!
from Cool Cat Teacher Blog http://www.coolcatteacher.com/hip-hop-language-education/